Friday, May 21, 2010

Someday...

Someday my house will seem too quiet, and too-loud voices at naptime would be welcomed as joyful company.

Someday I’ll be washing laundry only for two, and the absence of muddy tights & stained white dresses will only follow the absence of the wearer.

Someday I will have abundant time to myself, where I can read|work|think|pray without interruption, and I will long for the surprise of toddlers too-soon awake.

Someday the thought “I just wish I could have two hours to myself!” will be replaced with “I just wish we could have two hours all together!”

Someday I will miss this.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! It really makes you appreciate the good days as well as the not so good days with small children. I am constantly reminding myself that this season will be gone before I know, so cherish it and them for the short, yet seemingly forever, time with toddlers.

    You are such an amazing writer. I love how transparent and real you are. :)

    ReplyDelete