Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Blameless? Who, me?

I'm chewing on this today, care to join me?

"Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen."
Jude v. 24-25

Oh Lord, it is You who are able to keep me from stumbling . Not my own strength or desire, nor any system of accountability, but YOU Lord. Your Spirit within me, Your voice behind me, Your Word before me. These promises are what I cling to when the ground is shifting beneath my feet. Or rather, these are the things that lay hold of me and tarry within my soul when I begin to stray from the narrow path.
Oh, God, who am I, that I should approach the Eternal Flame? I, who was dead, dead, dead. How can I gaze into the Infinite Beauty of Holiness? But you gave me life, life, life and have brought me near. Am I really here? Is my dwelling place with the Most High God? Oh, Lord, how I long to stand in the presence of your glory. I want to be counted worthy. It is only by Your blood that I stand blameless. Washed clean and clothed with Christ.
Oh, to be with you. This is what I'm longing for. For what else could my soul yearn? There is none like you. None other so Holy, none other so Kind. None other is Worthy. Now and Forever. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment